Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday, January 13, 2011

84° 40.393’ W
29° 51.122’ N
The Moorings
Carrabelle, Florida

We woke to 22 degrees outside! The boat heating system didn’t keep up with the cold and dropped to 55 degrees inside the boat. I plugged in a portable electric heater and got rid of the chill within a few minutes. All I can say is this isn’t what we expected when coming to Florida!


Town of Carrabelle

Not much happened today. The boat checked out and is ready for our Gulf crossing.

Tomorrow we will meet with “Buddy” at 10 am for his weather predictions before crossing the Gulf of Mexico. Buddy is well known and respected for his weather predictions for the crossing. Most boaters follow his predictions.


ACE Hardware

At this point in time I think Saturday is looking good to cross! Stay tuned for tomorrows update!


Today I walked into an ACE Hardware store to purchase a switch and was talking with the owner Ronnie, when he asked where I was from. I told him Illinois close to ACE corporate headquarters. He mentioned Oak Brook and I replied yes, and then told him my son-in-law worked there! I mentioned the name Conniff and he replied Ray Conniff! It’s a small world.