Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 166 – Friday, November 26, 2010

87° 54.060’ W
30° 32.60’ N
Eastern Shore Marina, east shore of Mobile Bay on Fly Creek (day 5)
Fairhope, Alabama

Today was cold and wet! Carl and I drove Bill to pick up his car in Columbus, Mississippi! When I signed on for the road trip I thought the trip was about 120 miles to Columbus – wrong it was 250 miles plus or 500 miles round trip! We left at 7 am and returned around 5:15 pm and a good time was had by all! On return, I was told that we should have had adult supervision! I can’t imagine why!

The wind was blowing and the temperature dropped from the high 70s to the low 40s by the time we returned to the boat! The weather doesn’t look good for getting out of here tomorrow as small craft warnings have been posted! I will set an alarm and check the weather early tomorrow morning!