Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 26 – Friday, June 18, 2010

N – 46° 29.974’
W – 084° 20.254’
Sault Ste. Marie, MI

I went to the Harbor Masters office at 8 am sharp and as I passed thru the door he started laughing. I suddenly knew that we were going no where. The weather here was going to be marginal but doable……………….but the weather in the Lake was not. The storm front, probably 30 miles from here, is very visible from our harbor!

Today I ordered some additional parts on line to complete the tune-up of the engines and will have them shipped to Marquette, Michigan for pick up when we arrive.

Tonight we will dine at the local VFW for their weekly fish fry.

Everyone is getting anxious to get underway and tomorrow is looking good for moving into the lake! I truly believe that when we get passed Whitefish Point we will be able to move ahead.