Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 48 – Monday, July 27, 2009

Today wasn’t my best day………….I wasted half a day trying to find parts for our Generator! At this point in time I’m not sure what I’m going to do with our broken generator! We were tied up in an industrial type ship yard that I thought could fix the problem and couldn’t so there wasn’t any reason to stick around and waste additional time! I wanted to get moving so we entered Lake Ontario to head west. The first hour was pure hell as the weather picked up and we were taking water over the bow – probably 3 to 4 footers if not more! As the trip progressed things got better the last 3 hours. Late in the day we caught up with Ralph & Ann at Tip of the Bay marina in Picton, Ontario which was very nice.

We had a lot of wind trying to get into the slip so I nosed in to find out the dock was to short for Barb and I to get off the boat! With lots of help we took her out again turned her around and backed her in! The four of us had a few drinks on their boat then a nice dinner at the marina to close out a stressful but exciting day!