Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 42 – Tues. July 21, 2009

Today was a quiet day. The weather continues to be good as we move down the Rideau. We went through six more locks the last three being a step lock. The lock master really tested my skill as our boat was the last one in the cell with inches between our boat and the one next to us. The Lock Master and his staff are employees of Parks Canada that have been outstanding to Barb and me.

We are now in Merrickville, Ontario and we were able to get one of the few wall locations with electrical power. This also was a challenge to get to and into (picture is of the wall we were on). For a minute I thought I was home on B dock with all of the help given by our Canadian neighbors!

The town was full of quaint little shops that sold lots of things that I didn’t need - which I didn’t go into. I did find a grocery and liquor store which I did go into! Later that evening, Russ and Mary treated Barb and I to a great Italian dinner, walking distance from the boat. Everything was made in house and some of the ingredients came straight out of the Chefs garden from behind the restaurant.