Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 2 - Thurs. June 11, 2009




Day two was filled with all sorts of surprises. With only three hundred miles to go my chief navigator planned a scenic route by getting off the interstate and experiencing some of the less traveled roads that cut across the Adirondack Mountains. With less than perfect weather –a lot of haze with a splashes of rain and only one road closing we made it to Fort Ticonderoga about thirty miles from our boat. Check in time at our hotel was a few hours off so we took the time to visit the Fort and wind down from the long drive. I started taking pictures inside the fort when the camera battery went dead so back to the car I went to replace the battery. In the process of digging around in the trunk I locked the keys in the trunk! A few minutes later I located Barb to get our backup keys that she carries and found out she had left her set in the car! A quick call to the local gas station and we were back in action in less than 15 minutes! The mechanic apologized for having to charge $30 to get us on our way! I don’t think that would have happened back home in our area!

We found our boat clean and dry inside and rather dirty on the outside. I probably should have covered the winter cover with a sheet of plastic to keep the bird droppings off the canvas. I guess the birds wanted a place to get out of the weather also, All in all a good experience so far. Tomorrow we begin the process of making her clean and sea worthy for we can get under way early next week!