Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday – Day 8 – 8/9/08

We’re still working at being on vacation and were doing a great job of it. Yesterday Barb and I took our bikes out for a long ride and had a great time. We found a farmer’s market and stocked up on fresh fruit. Bob and Glenna took the dinghy for a ride and on their return Frank and Mary did the same. The secret is - all of the toys are being used and enjoyed. Bob and I took the dinghy for a ride to check out the different fuel prices. We will fill up on the way out for $4.54 per gallon which is better than I had anticipated. The ladies continue to shop and the men continue to clean and work on their boats. The sky is blue above us with a cloud bank sitting over the lake. The temperature is dropping and we expect very cool weather tonight. This continues to be a very nice marina motel/ boatel – that none of us expected or anticipated. We shifted the boats around today and every one is now tied to the wall.

Yesterday afternoon, I secured the bikes to a light pole close to the boat, and when I returned from dinner they were chained to a different pole! I said something but everyone said that I had changed them to that pole and I must be mistaken. (Maybe too much partying). This morning when I got up the bikes had moved again and were securely chained to a different pole ------- thanks to Mark! I think he’s messing with my mind.
That’s it for today – will try to get this posted while the wireless network is working. We have a few pictures that we will try to post. Stay tuned ------------------